Meditations Book Details
By Marcus Aurelius, George W. Chrystal & Carolyn Gregoire
- Category: Philosophy, Books, Nonfiction, Biographies & Memoirs, Fiction & Literature
- Type: ebook
- Release Date: 2018-01-02
- Author: Marcus Aurelius, George W. Chrystal & Carolyn Gregoire
- Book Ratings: 0/5 (0 User Reviews)
Completely unabridged, with a new foreword written by Huffington Post writer Carolyn Gregoire, this publication of Meditations is an all-encompassing collection of Marcus Aurelius’s works.
• “Do every deed, speak every word, think every thought in the knowledge that you may end your days any moment.”
• “We have body, soul, and intelligence. To the body belong the senses, to the soul the passions, to the intelligence principles.”
• “Think not as your insulter judges or wishes you to judge: but see things as they truly are.”
• “To pursue impossibilities is madness; and it is impossible that the wicked should not act in some such way as this.”
• “Order not your life as though you had ten thousand years to live. Fate hangs over you. While you live, while yet you may, be good.”
Meditations is a collection of twelve books written by Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius. This set of books was originally compiled in the form of private journals. Marcus Aurelius used these notes as personal guides to live by and to better himself as a ruler.
He compiled these journals during his time as emperor, and while they were not intended for public consumption, there are valuable lessons to be gleaned from his wisdom. The entries include his views of stoicism—the Hellenistic philosophy devoid of “destructive emotions” that could tamper with logic—and its practical use in ruling and military tactics.
Member ID : AXZ10551PUQ
Marcus Aurelius, George W. Chrystal & Carolyn Gregoire was added to my favorite authors list, after reading Meditations.
Member ID : AXZ46105PUQ
Ik wilde Meditations lezen, een heel interessant boek.
Member ID : AXZ24855PUQ
Never underestimate Meditations, I could not put this book down. You must read this!.
Member ID : AXZ25705PUQ
Just Got it, can’t wait to read this book soon!
Member ID : AXZ91620PUQ
fem stjerner for Meditations, tak for Marcus Aurelius, George W. Chrystal & Carolyn Gregoire. du er den bedste.
Member ID : AXZ99762PUQ
Basically, I loved this book. I give the book 5/5 Stars, and this one is getting added to my All-Time Favorites list!
Member ID : AXZ91073PUQ
rakastan tätä kirjaa. sinun pitäisi lukea tämä.
Member ID : AXZ27502PUQ
Marcus Aurelius, George W. Chrystal & Carolyn Gregoire è un grande scrittore, dovresti leggere questo.
Member ID : AXZ77097PUQ
Before I read Meditations, I had read some reviews which had me wondering if this one would be something I'd like, reviews from people whose opinions I trust. It's True, so Meditations stayed on my "TBR Someday".
Member ID : AXZ36732PUQ
When I started this book, I wasn't so sure how much I would enjoy it. but reading from Marcus Aurelius, George W. Chrystal & Carolyn Gregoire's point of view was so refreshing.
Member ID : AXZ74888PUQ
Ein Buchliebhaber wäre daran interessiert, dies zu lesen.
Member ID : AXZ11238PUQ
Thank you to Marcus Aurelius, George W. Chrystal & Carolyn Gregoire for my honest thoughts.
Member ID : AXZ55214PUQ
Just downloaded this book! Many thanks
Member ID : AXZ99506PUQ
Marcus Aurelius, George W. Chrystal & Carolyn Gregoire хороший автор, вы не можете пропустить это чтение.
Member ID : AXZ39887PUQ
Marcus Aurelius, George W. Chrystal & Carolyn Gregoire es uno de los mejores autores nacidos. Meditations es un libro interesante.
Member ID : AXZ80614PUQ
le livre que j'ai toujours attendu, je peux enfin le lire maintenant. merci.
Member ID : AXZ33591PUQ
how to download this ebook???
Loading More Comments...