Radical Compassion Overview
What is compassion? Much more than just being nice, compassion is about looking deeply at ourselves and others and recognizing the fundamental goodness we all share. It’s about opening up to the vulnerable space inside every one of us and letting our barriers down. And it’s about daring to be present to ourselves and others with genuine love and kindness. Empowering personal awakening and social change, it might be the most radical and transformative thing we can do.
The cultivation of compassion has long been at the core of Naropa University’s mission, since its origins in 1974—and its students and faculty have been leaders in contemplative education with heart. In celebration of Naropa’s fortieth anniversary, Shambhala Publications is pleased to offer these teachings on the path of compassion from a collection of authors who have helped shape the school’s unique and innovative identity, including:
• Chögyam Trungpa on opening ourselves more and more to love the whole of humanity
• Dzogchen Ponlop on how to cultivate altruism with the help of a spiritual mentor
• Judith L. Lief on the common obstacles to compassion and how to overcome them
• Gaylon Ferguson on awakening human-heartedness in oneself and society amidst everyday life
• Diane Musho Hamilton on connecting to natural empathy and taking a compassionate approach to conflict resolution
• Reginald A. Ray on spiritual practices for developing the enlightened mind and heart in the Mahayana Buddhist tradition
• Ringu Tulku on the practices of bodhisattvas, those who devote themselves to the path of enlightenment for the sake of all beings
• Pema Chödrön on building up loving-kindness for oneself and others with help from traditional Buddhist slogans
• Ken Wilber on what it really means to be a support person, with reflections from his own life
• Karen Kissel Wegela on avoiding caregiver’s burnout and staying centered amidst our efforts to help those in need
• and reflections on Naropa University and the meaning of radical compassion from longstanding faculty member Judith Simmer-Brown
Member ID : AXZ24893PUQ
Shambhala Publications was added to my favorite authors list, after reading Radical Compassion.
Member ID : AXZ68114PUQ
Ik wilde Radical Compassion lezen, een heel interessant boek.
Member ID : AXZ32859PUQ
Never underestimate Radical Compassion, I could not put this book down. You must read this!.
Member ID : AXZ21401PUQ
Just Got it, can’t wait to read this book soon!
Member ID : AXZ43647PUQ
fem stjerner for Radical Compassion, tak for Shambhala Publications. du er den bedste.
Member ID : AXZ53293PUQ
Basically, I loved this book. I give the book 5/5 Stars, and this one is getting added to my All-Time Favorites list!
Member ID : AXZ27026PUQ
rakastan tätä kirjaa. sinun pitäisi lukea tämä.
Member ID : AXZ77100PUQ
Shambhala Publications è un grande scrittore, dovresti leggere questo.
Member ID : AXZ43634PUQ
Before I read Radical Compassion, I had read some reviews which had me wondering if this one would be something I'd like, reviews from people whose opinions I trust. It's True, so Radical Compassion stayed on my "TBR Someday".
Member ID : AXZ57817PUQ
When I started this book, I wasn't so sure how much I would enjoy it. but reading from Shambhala Publications's point of view was so refreshing.
Member ID : AXZ92534PUQ
Ein Buchliebhaber wäre daran interessiert, dies zu lesen.
Member ID : AXZ57180PUQ
Thank you to Shambhala Publications for my honest thoughts.
Member ID : AXZ97655PUQ
Just downloaded this book! Many thanks
Member ID : AXZ11668PUQ
Shambhala Publications хороший автор, вы не можете пропустить это чтение.
Member ID : AXZ38645PUQ
Shambhala Publications es uno de los mejores autores nacidos. Radical Compassion es un libro interesante.
Member ID : AXZ87376PUQ
le livre que j'ai toujours attendu, je peux enfin le lire maintenant. merci.
Member ID : AXZ25672PUQ
how to download this ebook???
You Need LOGIN To Read More Comments...